Webinar Workshop: How To Prepare Your Client’s Small Business for Sale or Ownership Change
Are you a small business or financial advisor? Do you have clients who are planning to sell their small businesses, retire, and/or transition their companies to their children or others? Are you unsure about what you need to know so you can best advise them?
If so, this free, live webinar from Shoup Legal can help you help your clients make ownership transitions go as successfully and as smoothly as possible.
We invite you to join Attorney David Shoup, a Business law and Succession Planning Attorney, live on May 5 at 4:30 pm PT, as he discusses options for selling or transitioning ownership in a small business, various tax consequences, mistakes to avoid, essential documentation, and takes your questions.
Specific Discussion Topics Will Include:
- Whether to “gift” or “sell” the company
- Considerations for when a client’s company is transitioned to children or family members, including family dynamics and impact on Estate Plans
- How the nature of the transaction is structured can change significantly based on who a client sells to, whether it’s to a third-Party, business partner, company employees, or family members
- How to structure the deal: is your client selling assets or their ownership interest? Should the deal consist of a single transaction or take place over time in a series of sales?
- How transactions can be shaped according to your client’s needed income after the sale, the specific tax consequences of various approaches, and the kinds of assets a business has
- The nature of the client’s involvement after the sale is another key planning component
Register NOW for this can’t-miss LIVE presentation, plus question-and-answer session with Business, Corporate, and Business Succession Planning Attorney, David Shoup
Register Here: https://www.shouplegal.com/event/how-to-prepare-your-clients-small-business-for-sale-or-ownership-change/